Aubrey Elementary students have the exciting opportunity to visit Grouse Mountain this coming January for a day of exciting educational activities!
- January 17 for Primary Divisions 8 & 10 to 17
- January 24 for Intermediate Divisions 1 to 7 & 9
- The cost of this excursion will be $20 per student which includes a partial subsidy paid by the school. This includes coach bus transportation, gondola ride to Grouse Mountain, activities, and hot chocolate. This $20 is payable on School Cash Online.
- Our activities at Grouse Mountain require us to leave Aubrey early, so students need to arrive at Aubrey by 8:35am on their excursion day.
- We plan a later return to Aubrey at 3:30pm, traffic permitting.
Classes will rotate through stations including
- First Nations Cultural Learning at the Longhouse
- Wildlife / outdoor education session
This activity will take place at higher elevation and the weather can change rapidly. Please ensure your child is dressed for weather which may include cold, wind, rain, or snow. Wearing layers is a must so that students can adjust to the conditions. Basics include:
- Waterproof jacket with a hood
- Snow/hiking boots
- Snow pants
- Hat & Gloves
- Multiple upper and lower layers
Please ensure students bring their own lunch, two snacks, and a water bottle as food is not provided and it is not available to purchase.